Tribesports has launched a Kickstarter campaign to challenge the $250 billion sports retail industry – and it’s all about putting real sportspeople in the spotlight. Through their innovative business model, Tribesports plan to cut out inefficiencies of the archaic retail model and are going to pass the savings straight to the customer.
The brains behind the operation are based in Shoreditch and, for the past 2 years, have been growing an online community of 200,000 sports enthusiasts who are brought together on Tribesports.com. It’s this community who they see as the main driving force behind the Performance range – real sportspeople influencing a range of technical sportswear which will be 40% cheaper than the same quality from leading brands:
• No pro-endorsement
• No physical stores
• No million dollar ad campaigns
• Savings passed straight to the consumers
While using the user feedback to make this the world’s first community-powered sports brand, the team at Tribesports have set up their first range with some essentials features for high quality technical sportswear:
• Technical fabrics – from wicking and anti-odor technology to 4-way stretch for comfort, the fabrics used in the range has been chosen to improve performance.
• Cutting edge construction techniques – flatlock seams are a must for an athlete, that’s why all the products in the Performance range are constructed using flatlock seams to provide an anti-chafe finish.
• 360° reflectivity – being seen on the road or on the trails is a vital safety feature – but you needn’t don the high-vis vest to get noticed; with 360° reflectivity on all logos and additional reflective strips, you’ll be seen in the dark without being garish in the daytime!
• Performance fit design – close-to-skin design makes for more effective performance on the field, in the gym or on the road, that’s why the range is tailored for an athletic fit.
After the initial success of the Kickstarter project – which hit target in 39.5 hours – the team have launched bonus pledges which include new lines as requested by the backers and the Tribesports community.
The Kickstarter campaign is running until September 6th and there are still some bonus pledges in the works which will include voting on new colorways and products.
Don’t miss your chance to get these one-time only prices and become part of the world’s first community-powered sportswear range. Click here to back the project now.
Written by Tech Deer
Copyright 2012-2014 TechDeer | All Rights Reserved.